We have written this Privacy Notice in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to explain why and how COMMUNICATOR LONDON LTD uses your data.
Who are we?
We are COMMUNICATOR LONDON LTD. We are a marketing services agency. We source data about and contact businesses that might be interested in our service offerings.
Our contact details are:
· Address – Floor 7, Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6JJ
· Website – communicatorlondon.com
Phone number – 020 7729 0000
Our data protection officer is Danielle Smith, Client Services Director at Communicator London Ltd. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7729 0000.
Why do we use your data?
We collect, store and process the data of individuals within businesses, for B2B purposes only. There are a number of reasons we do this, including:
· For new business outreach and marketing purposes. Because we want to tell you about a product, service, event, piece of content or meeting that your company may be interested in. We will only contact you if we think that the product or service we are promoting is relevant to you (based on your job title and the sector that you operate within). We will contact you via email, phone or LinkedIn. The lawful basis for this processing is legitimate interest, which we outline in the next section. You can easily opt out if you don’t wish to hear from us.
· Because you have signed up to an event or booked an introductory meeting with us. We will contact you via email, phone or LinkedIn to give you the details of that event or meeting. The lawful basis for this is contract, as you require these details if we are to carry out our agreement.
· Because we haven’t heard from you following a previous attempt to get in touch. We may contact you again via email, phone or LinkedIn to tell you about a product, service, event, piece of content or meeting that you might be interested in. The lawful basis for this is legitimate interest, which we outline in the next section.
Our legitimate interests
We are a marketing services company. Our offering includes but is not limited to, social media advertising, CRM, promotions. We work with brands such as Brown Forman and Heineken, so we have a legitimate interest in contacting relevant businesses – providing a high-quality service that benefits each party.
What type of data do we hold?
We do not hold special category data. The personal data we store includes:
· Your name
· Email address
· Office location
· Company phone number
· LinkedIn URL
· Occasionally, your mobile number or direct office phone number if you provide us with it
How we share your data
When you provide us with your data, it will be stored within our CRM system, Hubspot. If you register for an event and enter your details, your data may be stored on Unbounce – the platform in which we build our event micro-sites.
We also work in partnership with Entourage Business Development Ltd (Entourage BD). They are an outsourced sales and marketing department for creative agencies. They work on behalf of Communicator London Ltd to contact businesses that might be interested in our offerings.
When they are acting on our behalf they collect, store and process the data of individuals within businesses that may benefit from our products and services.
If you opt-out of a communication that we send you, we will share this opt-out information with Entourage BD to ensure they don’t contact you again on our behalf.
Where we get your data
We collect personally-identifiable information on certain areas of our website where you register, request information or a response, sign up for events or apply for jobs.
We also collect personal data from business cards that you may give us when we meet you in person.
When deciding whether to contact you about a product or a service, we look at your job title and the sectors you operate within. We also source our data from LinkedIn or Companies House – both of which are publicly accessible.
How long we keep your data
We review the personal data we store every two years. If it is out of date at that stage, we will remove it. If the data is still necessary to our processes, we will keep it on record.
Why do we need your data?
We require your personal data so that we can send you relevant communications about our products, services, events and thought leadership content. If we do not have the necessary data, we will not be able to contact you about relevant products and services that could enhance your business.
It is your right to request access to your personal data. You can do this by contacting us via email, phone or post, using the contact details provided at the top of this Privacy Notice. If you have previously given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You also have the right to correct or delete your data from our systems or restrict how it is processed. You can do this via email, phone or post.
You can also use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails to remove your details from our mailing list.
How to complain
It is your right to complain if you think that we have lost or mishandled your data. You can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
May 2018 Edition